Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween Home Tour 2012

 Since Halloween is almost here, I thought I'd go ahead and share my decorations for this year. It's pretty much the same stuff as last year, but I like to try and arrange things differently. The wreath above I received in the Sweet & Sinister Swap a few years ago. It's hanging on the door we use.

 We don't use our front door, but that doesn't mean I'm going doing to decorate there. We have had that Monsters, Inc. sign for years.

 The white & orange pumpkins are fakes, but we grew the gourds.


 Our vintage bathtubs seemed like a great place for our scarecrows, and a few leftover signs & pumpkins.

 I took our usual items out of this box in the kitchen and added a few Halloween items. I made the blocks a few years ago, and the vintage looking trio in the center came from Michael's.

 I didn't do too much to the old window, just added some cheese cloth and letter balls spelling out boo.

 Layla asks me why I always have to hang this guy over her door!

 I made this banner a few years ago. It's just burlap & paint, super simple. That spider tends to freak me out. Just passing by, sometimes it looks real!

 The kids love these gel clings so I added a few to the other hallway mirror.

 This gigantic thing hangs over the front door we don't use. After I put it up, Morgan asked me what it was and if it was real. Right, like I'd be anywhere near this house with a real spider that big inside! I also made that yarn wreath hanging on the closet door.

 I picked up some striped tights last year on clearance & hung them with a witch's hat we already had. There are brooms hanging on the other side. The bunting is a printable from Dimple Prints.

 This banner is another project made by me. I love how it turned out, but it's so hard to hang. The tags like to flip around.

 I took the candles out of these candlesticks and added Halloween items. (WHAT color should I paint them now that they are basically the same as our wall?!).

 On our gallery wall, I added a few mice, rats, spiders & snakes.
 Black & orange bottle brush trees, a rat & a crow take care of this shelf.

 Sadly, we don't have a fireplace, which of course means no mantle. So this is my "mantle", the top of our tv. My husband hates that owl painting, but I love him. The yellow is pretty bright, so I only bring him out for Halloween. I wish the Wii, cable box & DVD player didn't have to live up here, but they do.

 My glitter pumpkins are in desperate need of being re-glittered. Maybe next year. There's also a dollar store crow and floating pumpkin candles (in the jar).

 I took away the brightly colored books that were there, and added my Edgar Allan Poe book. The croquet ball on top of the spool was replaced by a glass pumpkin. And yes, that is a McDonald's chicken nugget dressed as a jack o'lantern. That awesome skull is from Indigotwin.

 On my side table, I again changed out the books for more spooky ones, and added my favorite glass crow, a glittered Target pumpkin, a tree and a shadow box, again from a swap.

 This picture isn't great, but in the hall is the apothecary area.

 Ugh, I don't know why these uploaded down here. And I don't feel like moving them. This is the broom hanging opposite the witch hat & tights.

 I added some pumpkins to out kitchen table, too.

Are you all ready for Halloween? I still have to buy costumes! 

Linked to: Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts, Hookin Up with HoH at House of Hepworths, Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage
 

1 comment:

Julie Marie said...

wow girl. this is awesome. you go all out! I love the boo banner and the spooky box. you're so creative!! p.s. your share your style hair clip will be in the mail in the morning. sorry again about the delay!
just got back in town yesterday! =) hope you had a fun holiday with your kiddos!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...