Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Glittery Christmas Art

I blogged about this last year, but I'm going to share it again. Hopefully it inspires me to start crafting again! I miss blogging!

This is a pretty easy project, but I think it's pretty cute! Especially if you love glitter, like I do. First you need frames. I went with those ugly, gold metal frames you see at every thrift store or yardsale. Even the thrift doesn't want these, they are always in a box outside with the other "junk" like McDonalds toys. You can see they were only $.25. Ignore the lovely 1990 goose art!



Next you need chipboard. Wood shapes would work, too.


And the good stuff. Martha Stewart glitter! I started to use the glass glitter pictured, but ended up grabbing my blue Martha glitter.

Glitter your chipboard! I ended up having to do two coats of glitter because I didnt like how sparse it looked with one. Painting the chipboard a matching color would probably help with that.


Purty!!


I don't have a photo for every step of this, but you just take the insert out of the frame (not the piece that has the "leg"). I used the glass to trace the size needed onto a piece of white felt. Then I glued the felt onto that insert.


After you put it back in the frame, this is what it will look like. I added the chipboard after putting it together, but it's probably better to add it before. I was in a hurry to see how they would look! Oh, and I used tacky glue but hot glue would be fine, too!

And here they are all together!






I don't have red spray paint or glitter, or I would have done some red, too!

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Great idea for using all of those frames that we collect from yardsales!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...