Thursday, September 15, 2011

Football Invitations


Blake's 10th birthday is coming up and this year he chose a football theme. How surprising. I was kind of hoping he'd find a printable on Etsy that he liked, but no, he wanted me to make them myself. So I got busy paper piecing 30 invitations.


Somehow I forgot to take any pictures before this step, but basically I just did a Google search for a football coloring page. Once I found one that would work, I resized it in Paint and printed it out. I used the whole football as a pattern to cut the balls out of brown cardstock. Then I cut off one white strip at a time and did the same.


I used the leftover piece above as a guide for gluing the white strips down.



And then I went back and trimmed off the excess.



I used a white paint pen to draw on the stitches. Much easier than cutting all those little pieces!




I typed up the wording in Microsoft Works, printed it out and glued them to the back of the footballs. My edges aren't perfect, but that's what happens when you do everything by hand. I need a craft cutter!

He likes them, so I'm happy. More party posts coming soon!

Linked to:
Catch As Catch Can at My Repurposed Life, Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home, Friday Favs at Naptime Crafters, Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now, Delicately Constructed Friday at delicateCONSTRUCTION, Watcha Got Weekend at Lollyjane Boutique, Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots & Jello, Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table & Dreaming, Sundae Scoop at I ♥ Naptime, College Football Saturday Tailgate Party at Mom Endeavors, Creative Bloggers Party & Hop at Homemaker on a Dime

4 comments:

Sara @ Mom Endeavors said...

Super cute! How fun is a football birthday for a little guy?! The invitations turned out great! They'd be adorable for a football-watch party too!
I'd love to have you link them up at the football-themed link party I'm running this fall! :)
http://www.momendeavors.com/2011/09/college-football-saturday-tailgate-chili-cheese-dip.html

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Of course he wanted you to make 'em! The invitations turned out so cute!
love them!
gail

Unknown said...

I love them. You can make anything!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Another great one for Thematic Thursday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...