Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Felt Color Book


I'm so excited to have finally finished this book! I got the idea to make it for Morgan, because she couldn't stop looking at a color book I had made for Blake years ago. Problem was, it was paper, and she wasn't being very easy on it.


I thought I had pictures of steps prior to this, but it's pretty basic. I just decided on a size and cut rectangles out of some felt I had. Then I dug through my fabric stash & picked out some of each color.

I cut different sizes and shapes, decided on placement (leaving room for color names) and stitched them on.

Then I dug out the embroidery thread and got busy with the lettering.




I did the lettering freehand so it isn't perfect, but that's ok.




(Morgan got a hold of the scissors.)







When that was finishes I laid them out in order, back to back, and stitched them together.

I poked a hole in the corner of each with a needle & a knitting needle, and ran a binder ring through to connect them.

And there you have it!

Linked to:
Show & Tell at Blue Cricket Design, Inspired By You Wednesday at Eisy Morgan, Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts, Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage, Hookin Up With HoH at House of Hepworths, Whats Up Wednesday at Sew Woodsy

7 comments:

alanna rose said...

Wendy,this is great! Good job and thanks for the great idea!

Christy Slaughter said...

Very cute. Wish I was crafty. That would even be a good baby shower gift or young child bday gift.

Jessica @ Sunny Tuesday said...

I love the freehand lettering - I think it makes it more fun!

Jessica said...

Super cute idea. I am your newest follower. Feel free to check out my site and follow me back here: www.utahcountymom.com

Betsy said...

This turned out absolutely darling! I'll have to remember this for my nieces and nephews!

Sarah Sterling said...

I love out it turned out. I need to make one for my little man too. I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award. Come stop by to find out more info: http://lifelivedinunknown.blogspot.com/2011/10/versatile-blog-award.html

Unknown said...

So cute Wendy. You know you could probably sale those as quiet books. They'd be great to give the kids at church since they don't make a lot of noise.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...