Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring Break... Day 3


Just a cute picture of Morgan, cause I havent shared any in a few days. Happy April Fool's Day! I saw a cute idea in the new Family Fun that came, so I thought I would try it on the kids this morning. You put a couple drops of food coloring in the bottom of the cereal bowl. Add the dry cereal. And then when you pour the milk in infront of them, it changes color!




Unfortunatly, my daughter is TERRIBLY picky about her food, and this was her reaction:

It was later I realized she thought I had put STRAWBERRY milk in her cereal. Poor thing, lol. Blake didnt want cereal, so I guess the joke was on me.

So for today's activity, we made butter! The directions I found online seemed simple enough. And they were! Of course, the ones I found said to use cream without carrageenan or any other additives, but that's all I could find. It still worked.








Some of these are blurry, but you can still see the changes happening in the cream:








And we have seperation!



Squishing the butter together:



Butter!


And buttermilk!



Check out the eyes, lol...



Now it's time to wash the butter.



Layla seems to be miss happy homemaker. Blake didnt really seem to interested in today's fun.
Check out the end result!




That's it for today! Blake had an appointment at the dermatologist and I need to work in the garden some. Not sure what tomorrow holds yet... I'm thinking maybe fabric covered eggs? Have a good one!

3 comments:

Small House said...

Funny April fools joke. Poor girl :) It looked like things got happy again. making butter. YUM!
Have a good day.
Sandra

roseylittlethings said...

What fun things you have been doing for spring break. I better get my thinking cap on:)

Sarah and Jack said...

Mmmmm isnt homemade butter the best?

Jack is getting past the crying over food thing, but I can totally relate to that pink milk picture.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...