Thursday, April 9, 2009

I found stuff!

I needed to look for stuff for the Pink & Green swap, so I decided to stop at the thrift where I found the quilts. I guess they dont have the auctions anymore, but they had a ton of stuff, including two more quilts. I didnt get either, but one had large arrows on it, and the other was Sunbonnet Sue.


What I did get, was Jadeite! I almost jumped for joy! Lol. I have never seen this stuff anywhere locally, except for antique stores, and I am not paying those prices.


I also found an old glass insulator.


And this old Budweiser crate! Mike always says I never get him anything, so when I saw this I knew I wanted to get it. It's the first time I've found an alcohol crate. So far I have soda & fruit crates.



I was pretty sad when I looked at the back of it and saw this:


But I decided to get it anyway. For $2, why not? It will probably just be put on display anyway, and that's the back, the front looks fine.

Here's a shot of the shelf in my living room where I have the insulators.


Have you found anything good lately?

2 comments:

Womandriver2@gmail.com said...

There is a small Flea Market near Market of Marion in Ocala FL. There is a vendor there that has a ton of the old glass insulators. Different colors some are green. :) Since I only have six weeks till this baby is due I haven't been getting out too much. I miss my yard sailing and thrift store trips hubby and I used to do on Fridays.

Unknown said...

WOO-HOO on the Jadeite! Even if that's all I found, I'd still call it a great trip. Yay!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...