Sunday, December 14, 2008

Saturday Finds

I know I am posting less yardsale & thrift shop finds these days. I really haven't been yardsaling in forever, and I think the last time I went to the thrift was maybe October? I have been kind of itching to go, so I decided I would stop at the catholic thrift yesterday. I almost always find something good there and you just cannot beat their prices. Saturday was no different.


I found this Fire King bowl. They had two just like this, but one had a big chip in the lid.



I also found this little jar with the cork lid. Not sure what I'll do with it yet, but I'm sure I'll find something.



I think I was the most excited about this next thing... my first and only Shiny Brite ornament! They had a big box of stuff marked $.10. I found a few glass balls but none of them said Shiny Brite. There were a few that defiantly looked vintage but I didnt pick them up. Then I found this one and was surprised to see Shiny Brite on the cap!


These werent from Saturday but are from the same thrift. I just forgot to share them awhile back. They say Japan on the bottom, of course. I have 3 of these style mugs now. I just coudlnt pass up the cute Christmas themes!



Have a great week!

1 comment:

Sarah and Jack said...

We use a mug like that for milk for Santa!

If an ornament "looks" vintage, the cap really doesn't matter much. Folks will often save the caps from broken ornaments (me included) and put them on ornaments that have lost caps. Sooooo, if you want to be an ornie collector, don't be afraid to judge them by looks alone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...